Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Living Aquatically

Have I ever mentioned how much my little family LOVES the films of Wes Anderson?
We really REALLY love them... we know-most-of-the-scripts-off-by-heart love them.
We own the DVDs and watch them regularly love them... AND never tire of them love them.


It was the Mr's birthday yesterday. He's a regular Mr Fox. His favouritest of all favourite 
Wes Anderson movies, though, is The Life Aquatic


I've been sourcing his gifts all year... stalking eBay and Etsy and anywhere else where 
gems may pop up. He wasn't expecting it... and he was totally blown away thrilled :)


I found the Zissou beanie and t-shirt, a membership badge and letter from the Zissou 
Society (dictated but not read) and, best of all, limited edition Team Zissou trainers.
I even found for myself a Team Zissou Interns t-shirt which I haven't been able to wear 
until now because I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I can't show you the badge 
because he's  wearing it to work again today :)


Are you a Wes fan? Which is your favourite movie? Mine is The Royal Tenenbaums.
We're impatiently awaiting the Australian release of Moonlight Kingdom here too...
only 37 more sleeps!! :) 


I'd love to hear your Wes stories too... :) Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie, same name, same (excellent!) taste in movies!
    I have just ordered this print for my daughter's bedroom: http://stanleychow.bigcartel.com/product/margot-tenenbaum
    Check it out, I bet you'll love it too.
    Can't wait for Moonrise Kingdom, just talking about it with the fam last night! Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz cumpleaños Kylie!
    Amo las películas de Wes Anderson, mi preferida es The Life Aquatic. Y también me encanta la banda de sonido de Seu Jorge.

    Beso! Hermoso todo lo que hacés
    Alfonsina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Mister!
    Thank you for the intro, I am totally clueless! I better get my act together and watch these movies!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday gift! I also love Wes Anderson's films - it's hard to pick a favourite, but Rushmore still holds a special place in my heart. Can't wait to see Moonrise Kingdom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are truly bonkers! so far mr fox. and i like tenenbaums. and rushmore. still haven't seen moonrise kingdom after my obsession last month! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love wes anderson! so much!
    nice gift for your man :)

    the royal tenenbaums is my favourite too, but i like all of them, and moonrise kingdom is very very good as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats so cool! Mr Fox is in my top five fave movies and the movie of choice when my eight year old son and I need to bond. I just love the insecure and difficult Ash. Fave line? "I have just had it to here with all this attitude" to poor cousin Kristofferson! Oh, and all the 70s technology. I could go on for ever about this film. Love Royal Tennenbaums too!

    ReplyDelete