Sunday, June 2, 2013

Happy travels - Ely :)

So, the next part of my journey was a fabulous adventure by train to country 
England. Keri and I went to visit Lu Summers in her new screenprinting and quilting 
studio in Ely... and it was truly fabulous. 


Rapeseed crops taken while zooming past in the train.








































I wish I'd taken some pics of the studio - so much light and space! We did a 
bit of printing - I shared my block printing technique for continuous patterning 
with them - but mostly, we talked :)


Lu Summers - aka Summersville
Keri - aka Two Little Flowers














































































I actually only managed to carve out my block in all that time, so maybe I was
talking away the most ;) I have printed it up since I've got home, though, and I rather like it :)



I love how you just see circles in this design

Must practise my technique though as it wasn't always properly lined up ;)













































































While waiting for my train back to London I snapped this pic at Ely Station - loved
the bicycles all lined up :)


Ely Station







































Thank you so much Lu and Keri for such a great day!


p.s. if you're interested in quilting, then you might also be interested in the
fact that Lu has a book coming out soon which you can pre-order here.




22 comments:

  1. looks very tricky to line up, i would be hopeless at that, so i think you did a pretty good job! i'd like to see it in that lovely blue you've been using :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran :) I certainly have to have my specs on!
      I am planning to try it out with some other colours, and yes, that blue would be great.
      Kx

      Delete
  2. Oh WOW how awesome to hang out and chat to much with two very inspiring women! :) Love your block print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inspired by your photos, what a marvellous trip you've had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie this all look so mazing and you look to have returned with renewed spirit. Love the new look blog too.
    Oh, and in the words of Patty Bouvier (as she farewelled her twin sister Selma off on her honeymoon with Sideshow Bob on 'The Simpsons', in a gravelly nicotine voice.....)...."I'm sooooooooooo jealous".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) OMG you are good... really funny Mia :) This will see me through the day I'm certain ;)
      Thanks for popping by. Kx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lot of fun! The new block is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rather love it... the block that is. Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you back home Kylie - although after all those fantastic creative adventures might be kinda hard settling back in. Love all the movement in your new block. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always hard settling back to routine, isn't it? Happy to be back with the fam tho :)
      Thanks Alisa. Kx

      Delete
  8. what a lovely trip you had Kylie :)
    love your block print!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and inspiring journey you had Kylie, you must be walking on clouds with all new impressions:) I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrée! It was great :) Kx

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness Kylie, I still can't quite believe it you were there! :D
    must contact Lu!
    Lovely print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, isn't it? Thanks Alessandra :) Kx

      Delete
  11. i love your block print kylie!
    im enjoying (and still catching up on) your trip pics! looks like the best time.

    ReplyDelete