Monday, June 10, 2013

New fabric design











I have a new design I've been playing with. You might remember it's the block I carved at 
Lu's studio a couple of weeks ago. I think I'm going to call it Oasis, although it does 
look rather like balls of wool, as others have suggested ;) 

The first trial in yellow didn't really show the design clearly so I printed it up in the brilliant 
blue I've been working with lately. This is a fat quarter but it's rather labour intensive as a 
block. I might try my hand at burning a screen before I attempt meterage ;)

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Carol :) It is a bit eye-crossing, isn't it? ;) Kx

      Delete
  2. i really love this design - i get a little entranced by the line work ; ) looks like you've been having fun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing and a bit escherist the way it plays on the eye love to see it in black and white also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I'm hoping to do more colours. K

      Delete
  4. It's good. Really good. I can see it might be tough to do large portions, but probably worth figuring it out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it...it invites a fingers touch to follow the lines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on such a fabulous pattern. I love it. It reminds me of ripples on water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that you say it, yes it does! So many circles it must be raining :) haha
    Thanks for stopping by. Kx

    ReplyDelete