Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Living in a Cloud :)

We're in the last week of school holidays here... time for jobs to be done. The first week or so 
was all about fun, like visiting Melbourne and my newest baby niece :) It was also about 
escaping to the mountains for pure rest. It's been quite overcast and rainy here, so we were 
shrouded in cloud at the mountains. It was so relaxing :)

This is the only shaft of sunlight we saw the whole time...



But mostly, it was like this... living in a cloud :)









On our way back we (finally!) stopped off at IKEA and I bought a height-adjustable table for 
screen printing - yah! I've been having terrible back problems from always leaning over 
regular tables to print fabric... do you get that too? I'm hoping this will make a big difference :)



No prizes for guessing where the idea came from :) 



Hope you're having fun holidays too!

8 comments:

  1. A holiday in the clouds sounds relaxing and romantic. And that desk. Fiona has one as her writing desk. I have long coveted it! A perfect place to gain inspiration I should think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! It was lovely. Thank goodness for IKEA in our lives, yes? My back is already happier :) Kx

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I'm badly envying your work table and lamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen :) The lamp is a very old charity shop find.
      I've just christened the table by printing up a new block design and my back isn't hurting at all :)
      Very happy. Do you have an IKEA near you?
      Kx

      Delete
  3. I love your place in the clouds Kylie, it must be so great being able to escape there. We only had a day up there last year, but it's a place where I thought I could live! Kids just want to go back to Adventure Parc! As for IKEA our nearest is Sydney! So visiting the one at Logan was a bit frustrating because nothing I wanted would fit in my suitcase! S:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally :) We love it. It's such a great escape - we can't believe how we did without it before :)
      My Mr hates IKEA so much (mostly because of the crowds) that I can hardly ever get him to take me there.
      I don't drive, so I know how you feel about not being able to carry what you want there ;)
      Kx

      Delete